The first week of classes has been off to a rough start, considering I am essentially living on a cot in someone else’s room. My closet has completed collapsed in upon itself and I am living off dirty heaps of clothing scattered across the apartment floor.
To exacerbate matters, we don’t have functioning internet or locks on our doors (both of which were promised), as well as a balcony door which has fallen apart the first time we opened it, which leaves us looking at essentially the inside of a garage door.
Quite the view.
The only upside is now the morning sun doesn’t wake us up at
7 am, so we get to sleep in for another hour or so until the regular sirens begin to blare from the prison next door.
Yes, I live next to the Barcelona Prison, and on a habitual basis one of my incarcerated neighbors attempts to make a quick escape for freedom.
Unfortunately for me, this entails sirens for a solid thirty minutes interrupting otherwise subpar sleep.
So not much loss there, especially since the public transportation coming and going from the brothel across the street continues through the bulk of the night anyways.
Luckily we haven’t had to listen to any drag queens fighting, because from what I have seen via Jerry Springer and movies, that will definitely impede my sleep.
I thought some imagery might help you understand what 150 pounds worth of clothing and shoes looks like scattered across an apartment, hanging from doorknobs, etc. Enjoy.
My closet post-destruction. Note the hole in the wall where I can play with asbestos and wires if I am feeling adventurous.
Gabby uses my clothing as a booster seat when online
Doorknobs, abandones carpets, any available surface is now designated for clothing storage.
cords cords everywhere, but not a wireless signal in sight.
this is what it looks like when your balcony door closes and your room becomes a prison cell.
1 comment:
Jealous you're going to Lisboa
Let me know how it goes, I'm dying to visit there.
Post a Comment